Last Carpet Session we worked with three disciplines Maria (dance), Angela and Jesica (voice) and Esmeralda (acting). We choose a theme ‘Lines’ and worked from our own discipline to make a solo of 3/5 min. Later we explored how we could enter from your one discipline into a solo piece of an other discipline.
Questions that popped-up:
- Where did you felt lost in the piece?
- Where or how did you not had a connection with the other discipline?
- How can you make or find a way to connect to the other (discipline)?
- Is it needed for the piece to feel all the time connected with others?
- Where is the focus?
- Who is responsible for the piece? Or more: who feels responsible of the piece and is that necessary?
Next Thursday we will continue the research of working with different disciplines.
All disciplines are welcome for our session to share and explore the beginnings of piece, the shifts and the work in process of the different approach of each other’s art tools.
See you at dance studio Vredenbrugersteeg 31, Amsterdam, thursday 13.00 – 17.00
Maria, Zwaan and Esmeralda
One thought on “Next Carpet Session, Thursday 16th: 13.00-17.00 – TRIOS : focus and shifts.”
Hello! I am Madelyn, a dance performer and would really love to join tomorrow. Is that goed?Looking very much forward to my first encounter.