all carpet session posts

Objects and stuff in November/December

Object/visual theatremakers and puppeteers Lindai Boogerman and Martine van Ditzhuyzen will lead with me an exploration of objects and improvisation in November/December. With the subtle relationship in mind that a puppeteer/object-player can have with ‘stuff’/things/material, we want to know how we can use this for interdisciplinary instant composition. We would like to involve and ask not only puppet players, but more so musicians, dancers, actors, lighting/visual people,… to interact with material that accompanies them on stage.

22nd of November 2012

6th of December 2012

13th of December 2012

Sessions (14:00-17:00) will be semi-open, meaning we would like to define the group of researchers beforehand. Preference is to people who can join all three sessions, but exceptions can be made. Just talk to us.

What are the Carpet Sessions? / Where is the studio?  (click here)

We will post more detailed information end of October. But you can already write your comments below to state your interest in the subject or if you have a question.

greetings!

Thomas, Martine, Lindai

About Thomas Johannsen

interdisciplinary performer, director, improviser

18 thoughts on “Objects and stuff in November/December

1. Hi all. After recovering from broken wrist, I started working again. I would love to join. I m out of town till end of november but I can do the 6th and the 13th. Please let me know how is that. Thanks
    Astarti

Posted by Astarti Athanasiadou | October 12, 2012, 20:34
  2. hi Astarti,

sorry for not responding earlier! Great that you would like to join, but we in first instance are looking for a group that can do all three dates… Let us keep it in consideration, I will meet Martine and Lindai soon and we’ll talk about it and then let you know.

Thomas

Posted by Thomas Johannsen | October 29, 2012, 12:15
  3. Hey Thomas en Martine,
    I would like to join in. Sounds like interesting sessions!
    Tanaquil

Posted by tanaquil | October 29, 2012, 18:29
  4. Hi Thomas, Martine and Lindai,
    interesting way of researching instant composition! I’m really curious. I like and practice both fields, so this seems my cup of tea! May I come in?
    Angela

Posted by Angela Leijdekkers | October 29, 2012, 21:34
  5. I’m in! 🙂

Posted by Yinske | October 30, 2012, 16:48
  6. hi there,
    Great subject, I would love to experiment more with the objects and materials that surround us on the stage.. I really want to join, but I am not available for the 2nd session on 6 december. Can you let me know if this is possible? I read that you prefer people to be there all three times.
    Thnks, Marije

Posted by marije nie | October 30, 2012, 17:01
  7. LOVE working with objects and as far as I know now I can make all 3 dates. 🙂 Suzan

Posted by suzanlemont | October 30, 2012, 23:02
  8. hi Tanaquil, Yinske, Angela, Suzan,

great that you can commit to all three sessions. Looking forward to working with you!

dear Marije, Astarti:

we will let you know next week how we are going to deal with part-timers.

greets, thomas

Posted by Thomas Johannsen | November 2, 2012, 11:37
  9. Dear Martine and Lindai,
    I would love to join! I will make it to the first and the last one. The middle Im not sure yet, but I will try.
    Greetings Maaike

Posted by maaike | November 2, 2012, 16:05
  10. Sounds great! Ill join you!

Posted by sandrina | November 2, 2012, 20:23
    • hi Sandrina,

you can come to all three sessions? let us know, Thomas

Posted by Thomas Johannsen | November 7, 2012, 15:28
      • Hi Thomas, I can be there all three sessions. And sorry for late response, hope there is still space for me to join. Performing in Turku right now, together with a puppeteer, so it would be really fun to have objects and puppet play in mind for a couple of more weeks this winter.

Posted by sandrina | November 10, 2012, 12:05
  11. sounds great. joining in – so far it seems as i can make all three dates.
    Tom

Posted by TomGoldhand | November 7, 2012, 15:44
  12. I’m curious about the connection object-voice. I’ll like to join. Amazone

Posted by amazone Nativel | November 10, 2012, 11:29
  13. Welcome, Sandrina/Tom/Amazone! Looking forward to having you in the research.

Posted by Thomas Johannsen | November 13, 2012, 13:10

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Pingback: Objects & Stuff sessions starting next week « Interdisciplinary Instant Composition - November 17, 2012

2. Pingback: Continuing Improvisation Research… ! | Interdisciplinary Instant Composition - June 18, 2014